Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My 8 year old jack russel terrier is very listless and is not

Customer Question

my 8 year old jack russel terrier is very listless and is not eating and is hiding under the bed. Is it possible that he may have been poisoned by weed and feed I recently applied to the lawn. If so what can be done for him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
I apologize no expert has jumped in to answer your question until now. If you think he may have ingested yard treatment, this is only a problem if he actually at it directly from the mixed liquid bucket or ate the sprinkles. Once the yard is treated and it dried, these are usually not a concern. These usually lead to gastrointestinal problems (vomit/diarrhea), possibly neurological signs. If he is showing any symptoms like this, then he needs to be seen immediately.
If he is doing great at this point then whatever was causing his antisocial/hiding behavior may be passed. If he is still hiding or having new symptoms then I highly recommend he be examined as soon as possible. I am not sure that the lawn treatment would cause what you are seeing. This so rarely is a concern unless a dog ate it directly from the source.
submit a rating as you exit our chat.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.