Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is 14 yrs old and has a heart murmur. He has taken

Customer Question

My dog is 14 yrs old and has a heart murmur. He has taken to lying on his side and urinates. This last for about 2 minutes. He yells while he is on his side
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Johnny's condition....
It appears that Johnny is having a seizure....this may not be a gran mal seizure but a petite mal seizure. This can happen with Epilepsy but it also can occur when dogs start liver failure. IT is important that you take Johnny to your vet for a complete blood panel to determine what is causing this. It is unlikely related to the heart condition but hard to know for sure without testing.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Johnny. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta