Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a Lhasa Apso that is currently on Reglan and Cemetidine

Customer Question
to try and help her...
I have a Lhasa Apso that is currently on Reglan and Cemetidine to try and help her nausea and boiling stomach. She had been doing better but now she's started throwing up again around 3:00 in the afternoon. She gets no treats. We've tried so many different dog foods. I've tried to give her a couple pieces of food during the day to see if that would help but it doesn't. We are currently trying a pancreas enzyme b/c she tested abnormal for that. I thought it was working but she unfortunately has started throwing up again.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I am very sorry to hear that your lass is still vomiting despite the treatments that have been tried so far. If she has had a treatment failure with those medications, you will want to ring her vet and discuss stronger anti-vomiting alternatives like Cerenia (More Info), or Ondansetron (More Info) to see if those work better for her.

Otherwise, if she continues to vomit, you may want to discuss possibly having her scoped (using an endoscope with a camera to see what is going on in her stomach and get biopsies) either at your vets or via referral to a internal medicine specialist to help you get to the root of her nausea and address this for her.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian