Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is not eating very little to none. Has lost his appitte.

Customer Question
He is usually a very...
My dog is not eating very little to none. Has lost his appitte. He is usually a very active hyper dog and now is not. He has been very slow moving and hardly gets up for the last 2days. He hardly gets up. It seemed like he was shacking yesterday in the day time as if he was cold. He's about 2years old and has long hair.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How long has he been showing signs?
Has he been vomiting? Any retching, gagging, gulping, or lip licking?
Can he keep water down?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
Any diarrhea?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian