Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our 3 year old Pomeranian vomited and she is now weak and her breathin…

Customer Question
Our 3 year old Pomeranian...
Our 3 year old Pomeranian vomited and she is now weak and her breathing is labored. What can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/25/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
How long has she been like this?
Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?
Since you noted that she is breathing heavy, can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?
Can she keep water down?
If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?
Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, rocks, plants, chemicals, etc)?
She vomited again. We were on our way to the emergency room. Her breathing went back to normal. She is drinking water. She is walking around fine. She did urinate as normal. I think we will get her checked out to make sure. Thank you for your help.
Hi again,
That is the best course of action if she is collapsed and been suffering so severely with this. I will refer you back to customer service in that case & wish your lass the best,
Dr. B.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian