Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

If a 10 to 12lb dog ingested a 15mg of aripiprazole a week

Customer Question

If a 10 to 12lb dog ingested a 15mg of aripiprazole a week ago. What are the long term damages I can expect for the pet. I believe she may be having seizures already.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
Luckily if Cookie has yet to show signs you really should be fine. Initial signs after ingestion in the first 24 hours include signs of irritability, anxiety, nervousness, or other non-specific signs like diarrhea, vomiting, disorientation, etc. Since you are a week after ingestion, if these signs were not seen then you should be int he clear. It will not cause any longterm organ issues but more the temporary signs listed above.
I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you today. In summation, Cookie should be just fine if there were no signs of illness within 24-48 hours of ingestion and the medication has passed through the system at this point in time...
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses. Please let me know how else I can assist you both
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
Hi Brie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Cookie. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman