DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My drain went out into the yard where my dog was playing. I ran out there to be sure she

Customer Question

My drain went out into the yard where my dog was playing. I ran out there to be sure she did not get in it. I think she licked some of it which was diluted with water. I gave her a little bit of milk. It has been about 20 minutes. Oh. It was hair dye; forgot that.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. I think your dog should be just fine. If the dye was diluted with water, there is very little chance that the dog drank enough to cause any issue.
Signs of a problem would be excessive salivation, vomiting or dry heaving, or severe depression. If you notice any of the signs in the next 24 hours, get to a vet immediately. Otherwise, feed her as normal. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.