Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate espoma holly tone plant food and drinking a lot

Customer Question

My dog ate espoma holly tone plant food and drinking a lot of water then
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.Unfortunately the expert you requested is not online at present but I know you will be wanting a quick answer so I have decided to step in, I hope this OK with you. My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel I'm confused about this whole thing
Hello again and thanks for waiting,I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. The good news is that there is nothing in Holly Tone that would be considered toxic to dogs as such, as an organic product the ingredients are simply plant and animal by-products. 2. However according to The Pet Poison Hotline it can possible create a rock like ball in digestive tract if water has been consumed. So the thing to do as a precaution is to give your dog soft wet food such as canned pumpkin, cream soup over the next couple of days which will to aid in pushing the Holly Tone through your dog's intestinal tract. Of course if the above does not quickly start to work or if your dog deteriorates further in any way you should have your vet check her over just to be on the safe side. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Sorry I missed your cancel message, but you may now have enough information to handle the situation. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.