Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog will eat certain type of grass could you tell me the

Customer Question

my dog will eat certain type of grass could you tell me the name of this grass so i can grow some for her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Now without sending a sample of the grass Jessie likes to a botanist, there will be little way to know which she prefers, if its safe for her, and obtain seeds to grow it for her. Therefore, the best course of action is to pick a safe species to offer and then grow for her. Most commonly, we will use wheatgrass in this way. It is safe and healthy for dogs and would be an option here. You can actually buy this pre-grown in the fruit/veggie section of health food stores and even some grocery stores. As well, Amazon sells seeds and has a range of kits that can be used to grow this from scratch for her.
So, in this case, since the cost of having a local botanist identify the grass she is chewing isn't going to be practical, do try her with wheat grass to see if she would be keen for you to grow that for her.
All the best,
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robert Lemons,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jessie. How is everything going?

nekovet