Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

How much pepcid can I give a 9 pound Chihuahua

Customer Question
Hello...how much pepcid can I...
Hello...how much pepcid can I give a 9 pound Chihuahua
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/19/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Kara, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear about Martini's stomach upset.
At home to try and settle his stomach in case this is related to nausea you can give either:
1)Pepcid ac (famotidine) at a dose of 1/4 of a 10mg tablet per 5 to 10 pounds of body weight every 12 hours
OR
2)Prilosec (omeprazole) at dose of 1/4 of a 10mg tablet per 5 to 10 pounds of body weight every 24 hours
These are acid reducers and should help him feel less nauseous,
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian