Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My puppy wont play got sick last night and has been lifeless

Customer Question

my puppy wont play got sick last night and has been lifeless ever since
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about your puppy, and also sorry to see you did not get help sooner. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question.
How is your puppy now? Do you still need help with him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well she's eating and drinking but I haven't seen her poop and all she wants to do is cuddle and she's shaking
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
How old is she?
Is she keeping her food and water down? It is a good sign she is eating and drinking.
If she is shaking, she could have a fever. Can you take her temperature with a rectal thermometer? Normal is between 101 and 102.
Shaking can also be a sign of pain. These symptoms can be from many things: internal illness, infections, parasites, injury. Has she had vaccinations? There are some pretty bad puppy diseases that can only be prevented by vaccination.
If she continues like this, the best place to start is a good physical examination: Checking the temperature, listening to the heart and lungs, feeling the lymph nodes and internal organs, checking her hydration, etc. If she continues to vomit, or if she stops eating, the best thing to do is have her examined by your veterinarian.
Let me know if you can take her temp, if her gums look pink, and what other questions you have.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?