Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our Drs office visit price is $152.00 every 6 mos and we are

Customer Question

Our Drs office visit price is $152.00 every 6 mos and we are on SS...cannot afford the office visit ...can we get a prescription on line?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking about a prescription for your dog? I am a veterinarian, and you posted your question on the dog veterinary list.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am....He will take this prescription for an indefinite time...I do not mind the cost of the meds for his eyes but the office visit is necessary in order to get the prescription..that office visit is $152.00 each six months...we cannot afford the visit and want to be able to have a prescription like at Walgreens...he has one drop a day in each eye of Cyclosporine 1%in corn oil 10mg and one drop in each eye once a day of Neomycin and Polmyxin B Sulfates and Dexomethasone ophthalmic suspension.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
phone is cell(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
You can get prescriptions online from veterinary pharmacies, and for the cyclosporine in corn oil, from compounding pharmacies like Wedgewood or Diamondback or Roadrunner.
However, this website, as it says in the disclaimer, is for information only. It is illegal for a veterinar***** *****ke me to write a prescription for an animal I don't have a client-patient relationship with. Only a veterinarian who has seen and examined your dog can write the actual prescription.
You can try to find a veterinarian who charges less for an exam, or who might give a prescription for longer than 6 months. I am sorry to disappoint you, but the DEA and FDA and the state boards of veterinary medicine set these rules. I could lose my license for writing a prescription for your dog.
Let me know if I can answer any questions about your dog, or his health.