Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Can I use the Front Line on my dog

Customer Question

Can I use the Front Line for cats on my dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
Unfortunately you cannot use this product intended for cats on dogs.
Directly from their website (http://www.frontlineplus.co.nz/products/frontline-plus/pages/frontline-plus-faqs.aspx):
Can I use the FRONTLINE Plus for Cats on my dogs and the FRONTLINE Plus for Dogs on my cats?
FRONTLINE Plus for Cats and FRONTLINE Plus for Dogs are not exactly the same. Only use the appropriate product for your dog or cat. However, FRONTLINE SPRAY can be used on both dogs and cats.
Especially with a Shih Tzu which is a hypersensitive dog in my experience to topical products you want to use the correct product on Dexter. If you recently purchased the product you should be able to return it for the correct species.
I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I an assist you both today. I am on-line another 20 minutes this evening.
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for answering my question. You have a good evening. ūüėä
You as well! Good luck to you and Dexter!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!