Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is struggling with his back legs.

Customer Question

my dog is struggling with his back legs.  unable to walk more than 4 steps and has to sit down. he has to pivot to be able to stand up again. he has been walking like he is drunk for a few weeks.  However in the last 48 hours, he has stopped eating and barely drinks. Wont go for a walk and it hurts him when he goes to the toilet. He has 25% use of kidneys.

Everything is a chore for him. He just wants to sleep. His tail has stopped wagging which is very upsetting.

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can you tell me if Benson is on any treatment for his legs or kidneys?

You noted that he has lost his appetite and isn't drinking. Is he gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Does he breath smell like ammonia?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply but he died at 10am GMT today.....

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Dear Craig,

I am so sorry to hear that he has passed away.
I will refer you back to customer service so they can sort a refund for you.
Please take care,
Dr. B.