Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Well last day or so my doberman has been coughing almost sound

Customer Question

Well for the last day or so my doberman has been coughing almost sounds like she is choking it sounds almost like a human cough actually I'm going to take her to the vet but I would like to avoid the emergency fee if poss as tomorow is sun I just don't want to put her at risk if we wait till Monday ???? any advice is there anything I may give her that will ease her cough and make her more at restand comfortable till Monday or would you advise taking her in now
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Is she eating and drinking?
2- Any nasal discharge?
3- Any pre existing medical conditions?
4- Has she been in an area with unfamiliar dogs like in a kennel, groomer, dog park, etc. in the last week or so?
5- Is she lethargic?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.