Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a minature dachshund that weighs 9 lbs. past

Customer Question

I have a minature dachshund that weighs 9 lbs. For the past week he has not played with any toys hasn't wanted to sit on my lap which is not like him. He runs from us and hides then he starts shaking even when he goes outside on the deck he just lays there and shakes. He is eating and going potty both 1 n 2. But he is not himself. When he sJakes does that mean he has a fever? I just checked him n his heart seems to be beating really fast
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?
2- Is he walking any different?
3- Any other symptoms?
4- Can you take his rectal temperature?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.