Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I think my dog 15lbs eat some over counter diuretic meds..how

Customer Question

I think my dog 15lbs eat some over counter diuretic meds..how harmful
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It is hard to know if this will be harmful without knowing what this medication is but the safest thing, since your baby is so small is to induce vomiting by giving 3 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide ...wait 15 minutes and if he has not vomited, do it again...you can safely do this 3 times. This must be done within 2 hrs of ingestion. You will not see teh pills in the vomit since they would have already dissolved but this will make sure that your guy/gal will be ok. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****