Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

My Dog breath with a loud groulling noise. I was told it was

Customer Question

My Dog breath with a loud groulling noise. I was told it was his heart. Help! He is a 4 year Old Lab
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told it was his heart
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Veterinarian Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Barbara and I'll be happy to help you and Connan out today.Did your vet diagnose Connan with an xray and an ultrasound of his heart?
I'd be happy to look for a cardiologist for you in your area. Where do you live?
Hi,I haven't heard back from you and hope that Connan is OK! Do you still want some help in locating a cardiologist?Dr. Barbara
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No she has not given him an ultrasound. She has a tester and based on that she said it was his heart. She gave him two pills. One capsule and half of what looks like a sugar pill
Thanks so much for your response.
Is Connan being helped by the pills? Hope so. Your vet probably put him on Lasix or furosamide (generic name). This is a diuretic to help remove fluid from his lungs secondary to heart failure. The other pill is probably enalapril which dilates the capillaries and makes it easier for Connan's heart to pump.
Since he had fluid in his lungs, he is in congestive heart failure. Congestive heart failure can be due to several problems with the heart and it would be good to sort out the underlying cause of the CHF (Congestive Heart Failure). If you want to do this, I'd let your vet know, and the first test would be an ultrasound of his heart. If your vet is unable to go any further with Connan's diagnosis and treatment, then she probably has a cardiologist that she uses, and if not, I'd be happy to look online for one.
Dr. Barbara
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This. I would mind if you can check one for me. We are in the south of Puerto Rico. Probably in ponce, PR
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oops! I would not mind
OK. . .I'll research this a bit and get back to you tonight or tomorrow.