Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

A forty pound dog ate about four slices or more raisen bread

Customer Question

a forty pound dog ate about four slices or more raisen bread . how bad is this - it happened an hour ago?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
1- Do you know like how many raisins per slice? 2- How long since he ate it? 3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not a lot per slice maybe as much as 2 hrs ago no hydro perox. I am an 80 year old women just out of hospital on a walker - how high a risk if I am unable to do much. all mobile vets here do not work on

sundays - I already tried.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, the lowest toxic dose for raisins in dogs ever reported is 0.11 oz/kg. This means that in a 40 lbs dog he would need to eat more than 2 ounces of raisins to be concern. As long as the amount of raisins in the bread he ate was below 2 ounces then this will not be a problem. 1 ounce of raisins is +/- 50 raisins. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IT WAS A VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE as I was asked for a password ***** times, given temp ones which never worked. no phone number - I finally gave up and went to another source,

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, if you are having problems with the site please contact customer service. I don't deal with site issues, I am sorry. I only answer veterinary questions. Dr. Peter