Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our German Shepherd had an abcess on her neck. There was a

Customer Question
gross amount of puss coming...
Our German Shepherd had an abcess on her neck. There was a gross amount of puss coming out so we took in. The did a needle biopsy and said was a cyst that ruptured. Since then it's very small but she has 2 more on her back. Is this normal or could there
be more going on. Oh and they hurt her badly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/2/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: Did her vet start her on any antibiotics or pain relief after lancing her abscess?Was the biopsy sent to a lab for analysis or did they just diagnose a cyst when they opened it? When you say she has 2 more on her back, are these close to the original one?Can you take a photo of her neck and these ones relative to the first one for me?
They did send the sample out to the lab and that was when they said a cyst. She was on pain meds and an antibiotic but she is done with them. The 2 new ones are the same. She has lots of "beauty marks" but these puss and scab up and mat her fur all up. I can take a picture after I shave these two new ones.
Hi again,A new photo once you are done would be great. While you do that, I will start composing my thoughts about this cyst and its
Normal
0
continuous issues.Speak to you again soon,Dr. B.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian