Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My vet diagnosed diabetes insipidus in my 11 year old lab.

Customer Question
He is having seizures and...
My vet diagnosed diabetes insipidus in my 11 year old lab. He is having seizures and now his eyes look like they ruptured. He is not eating and only occasionally drinking. Is he in pain? What can/should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/30/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I'm so sorry to hear about your lab! What you are describing isn't from diabetes insipidus unless he has been denied access to water. DI isn't painful in itself, but something has really impacted his body!
I strongly recommend that you have him seen by your vet ASAP to diagnose the cause of his seizures and loss of appetite.
Than yiu
Your vet will also be able to address his condition with appropriate supportive care until a specific diagnosis can be found.
He sounds very ill to me, and needs this likely life saving care from your vet there.
If you have further questions and concerns, please don't hesitate to get back to me.
Dr. Barbara

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian