Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 75 lb female lab ate about 6 raisins last night at 7:30.

At 4 pm today she...
My 75 lb female lab ate about 6 raisins last night at 7:30. At 4 pm today she act unexcited about her walk and we did not go. It occurred to me that she might not be feeling well.

No vomiting, no diarrhea, but she is not well.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2013
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any other symptoms besides not being excited for her walk?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

somewhat lethargic.

1- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?
2- Can you take her rectal temperature?

Gums are pinkish / brown , looking for a thermometer

ok. I will be on stand bye.

Thanks.

nose is warm now, she wanted some food , gave her some,she is lying down

Lisa, the lowest toxic dose for raisin ingestion in dogs is 0.11oz/kg. This means that Zoey would need to ingest at least 3.7 ounces to be concern about toxicity. 6 raisins is not going to be toxic or produce any symptoms. So, her lethargy or not willing to go for her walk is Not related to the ingestion of raisins. As far as what is the cause it will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying without a hands on examination at least. You see, lethargy can be caused by almost any disease that affects a dog. I would recommend you observe her for tonight, if she continues being lethargic tomorrow have her examined by family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian