Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

can i put ear cleaner and ear antibiotics in my dogs ear?

can i put ear cleaner...
can i put ear cleaner and ear antibiotics in my dog's ear?
11/4/2013
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Dr. Altman :

Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.

Dr. Altman :

May I ask the name of both products?

Customer:

Ear cleaner is Epi-Otic by Virbac

Customer:

Antibiotic drops is Surolan otic drops

Dr. Altman :

OK thank you

Dr. Altman :

Please give me a moment to review the surolan...

Dr. Altman :

How long ago did you clean the ear?

Customer:

15 minutes ago

Dr. Altman :

I see no issues with following up with the surolan after a cleaner was used

Dr. Altman :

You can wipe out the ear with a cotton ball to remove any remaining debris of the ear cleaner but I use the ear cleaner every other day prior to application of these products regularly

Customer:

okay, that's great. thanks. Thought i remembered not to use together.

Dr. Altman :

Not that I know of and do not see any contraindications on the label

Dr. Altman :

In addition, some that require time in between applications is often ten minutes

Customer:

Okay, perhaps that's what i remembered. Thanks so much, will proceed with antibiotic drops. Have a good nite.

Dr. Altman :

You as well

Dr. Altman :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Customer:

Thanks so much.

Dr. Altman :

You are very welcome

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian