Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

is it bad to give a dog simethicone 40mg/ for gas

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does Banjo weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

uhhhhhh 8- 100 lbs maybe

Carmen, it is not bad to give simethicone for gas. The dose is 1-2mg per pound body weight every 12 hours. So, if he weighs 100 lbs you can give between 100-200mg every 8 hours. I would also recommend the following:
1- Consider supplementing with a probiotic like fortiflora, these are friendly bacterias that help decrease the production of excess gas. Keep him on this long term.
2- Consider a grain free diet. A diet free of corn, soy, wheat, gluten, etc.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi Carmen,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Banjo. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter