Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

will trimming the hair around a long haired dog like my Shih

will trimming the hair around a long haired dog like my Shih Tzu cause eventual blindness or an eye disorder?
Hello.
This is Dr. Christian. Trimming the hair around her eyes will not cause any eyesight problems for her. In fact, in many cases it can actually prevent problems. This breed is prone to having hair poke it's eyes if not trimmed, over time that can lead to damage to the surface of the cornea and decrease vision. If you have more questions please let me know.