Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Is there a regulatory agency that I can report an issue with

Is there a regulatory agency that I can report an issue with a vet?

Dr. Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Dr. Drew :

Every state will have its own Veterinary Board,

Dr. Drew :

which is the regulatory agency that handles complaints against veterinarians.

Customer:

This is Ohio

Dr. Drew :

That should put you in the right direction

Dr. Drew :

there's a link on that page for complaints,

Dr. Drew :

it will give you all the instructions for reporting the issue of concern.

Customer:

My daughter put hartz flea med on her 4 month old puppy. She was just twitching a bit and she took her to the vet. The vet gave her an injection and later would not tell her what he did.

Customer:

Is this something reportable?

Dr. Drew :

In cases of a complaint, the Board will request the medical records, so it can be determined what was done.

Dr. Drew :

you can report anything you wish -- whether or not wrongdoing can be proven, is another story.

Dr. Drew :

without knowing what was given, it is impossible for me to guess as to whether or not it was a suitable treatment.

Customer:

Thanks for your help. I will ask her to make the report. I just happened over the weekend. Yes, we asked the vet to write down what was given. He refused and said to just call him if needed.

Dr. Drew :

glad to help... that's certainly an odd response from the vet. I hope you get the resolution you are looking for in this case.

Customer:

Luna is better today. We also thought it was very odd. The puppy needed fluids and oxygen with an entire day of hospital stay after the injection. (she walked into the office)

Dr. Drew :

glad to hear that she's doing well, that is the most important part.

Customer:

I would have just gave the puppy a bath to get the stuff off her. Thanks for your help. I'll make sure we file the complaint.