Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

is my dog ok i just accidentally dropped her from 4 ft in the

is my dog ok i just accidentally dropped her from 4 ft in the air and she landed on her chest, chin, front legs and she also had a shock collar on when it happed! about 5 secs later she let out a loud yelp she weighs about 15 pounds she is 6 years old and she is a tibetan spaniel. PLEASE HELP!

Dr. Altman :

Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.

Dr. Altman :

So sorry to hear Tinker is in discomfort

Dr. Altman :

May I ask, can she stand and walk at all on her own?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Altman :

Great, is she able to weight bear on all four legs? Does she have any type of a limp? Will Tinker take a treat if you offer her one?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Altman :

Yes to which question please?

Customer:

she can bear weight she doesnt have a limp and she will take a treat

Dr. Altman :

OK all great signs

Dr. Altman :

Do you have any previously dispensed pain medications for her?

Customer:

no

Dr. Altman :

OK. How long ago did the fall occur?

Customer:

approx. 15

Dr. Altman :

My recommendation would be to keep her as quiet as you are able today and carrying her carefully outside to go potty and limiting her movements for 12 hours

Dr. Altman :

If she is still showing you signs of discomfort with certain movements by tomorrow morning I would advise a veterinary examination to ensure she is alright and that she should not be on any pain medication to recover from this fall

Dr. Altman :

As long as she is still active, alert, still interested in her environment and treats she is ok to wait until your vet opens tomorrow

Customer:

ok anything else like is it good for her to be jumping into a chair or should we avoid that

Dr. Altman :

Please keep her as quiet as possible which includes no jumping on / off furniture

Customer:

ok will do

Dr. Altman :

If she did injure herself by the landing this will possibly further her injury

Dr. Altman :

Can I assist with any additional questions or concerns today?

Dr. Altman :

If she becomes lethargic, more stiff/ difficulty movement, will no longer take a treat then I would consider a veterinary er tonight

Customer:

thank so much for your help

Dr. Altman :

You are very welcome

Dr. Altman :

I wish you and Tinker much luck tonight in keeping her quiet

Customer:

bye

Dr. Altman :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!