Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

is it normal for older dogs more then usely and in the

is it normal for older dogs pee more then usely and in the house again
Hi there and thank you for your question. I am a licensed veterinarian and would be happy to assist you. It is not normal for dogs to urinate more frequently and in the house, and there is usually a medical reason for it. This could be a urinary issue- could be bladder stones causing irritation to the bladder wall, could be a urinary tract infection or could possibly be a mass in the bladder. Or, this could be a problem with other internal organs- diabetes and kidney disease can cause a dog to urinate more frequently and if there is a secondary infection, could cause him to do it in the house. I recommend trying to catch a urine sample and take it in to your vet clinic to have them do a urinalysis to see if there is blood in the urine, crystals, or bacteria, and go from there. Many of these problems are treated relatively easily and can get your dog back to normal in no time. Hope this helps! Best of luck.
Hi Lisa,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Snoopy. How is everything going?

Dr. Ann M.