Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

What is the vet community think of Zeutering- zinc chemical

neutering for male dogs. Is...
What is the vet community think of Zeutering- zinc chemical neutering for male dogs. Is there any reason NOT to do this instead of surgical? Seems like much reduced to almost no down time in activity. Our local People for Animals clinic in NJ does it, sounds like a great alternative.
9/30/2013
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most of us feel that the Zeutering process is an excellent adjunct to this procedure. There is minimal side effects and those only include some mild swelling. the problem is that veterinarians are required to be certified in doing this procedure and this list is growing.

You will have contact the company that is behind the compound for training veterinarians in this procedure. This is Hammond Based Friends of the Shelter and Ark Sciences INC. Based in Westchester, NY.

We all feel that this will help other people that hesitate to neuter their males to follow through.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you, that's a good suggestion to call Ark Sciences, I had read up on the process on their website after seeing it offered by this large clinic nearby that specializes in neutering all animals.

Excellent, Candy...This is still not used widely but as time goes on, it will be a huge help to the animal rescue community.

Thank you so much, Candy for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a great day!

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian