Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

my small dog has been vomiting all day at least once every

my small dog has been vomiting all day at least once every 30/1hr. No food, just white form. She won't eat and is drinking a little water and she is weak. she is 6 mos old and has not had her shots yet.
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a 2003 graduate from UC Davis, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Rodie.

That is a lot of vomiting!

Vomiting causes can include:
- Dietary indiscretion (eating something you do not know about)
- Stomach or intestinal foreign body
- Something that was given to them (new food, new treat, human food)
- Intestinal parasitism (not just the worms, but the microscopic bugs like Giardia and Coccidia). They can cause vomiting also, not just diarrhea
- Toxin exposure would be less likely, unless you have reason to suspect exposure to a chemical.

I have no doubt that this is well worth an emergency vet visit. You have already tried pepto, which as you'll see below, is one of my core antacids to try and help settle the stomach.

To help settle the stomach you can use of the following, but not as a replacement for veterinary examination include
1.Pepcid A.C. (famotidine) comes in 10mg, 20mg, or 40mg tablets.
You can give it every 12 hours. You can give 0.5mg per pound of body weight. So, a 20 pound dog would get 10mg.
2.Prilosec (omeprazole). It comes in 10mg or 20mg tablets.
You can give in every 24 hours. You give 0.5mg per pound of body weight. So, a 20 pound dog would get 10mg
3.Zantac (Ranitidne). It comes in 75mg, 150mg, or 300mg sizes.
You can give it every 8 to 12 hours. You give 0.25 to 1mg per pound of body weight. So, a 20 pound dog would get roughly 1/3 tablet of the 75mg. Even with bigger pets, it is easiest to get the smallest size tablet. Even a 75 pound dog would only need one 75mg tablet.
4.Pepto-Bismol or Kaopectate
You can give it every 8 hours. The average dose is 1ml per pound of body weight, and that is the TOTAL dose for the day.So, if a pet weighs 30 pounds, they would get a total of 30ml a day or 10ml every 8 hours. This is dosing for regular strength Pepto-Bismol. If you use maximum strength liquid, give half as much.

I am very worried about foreign body ingestion in this type of situation. Well worth a vet visit now, and I would not be surprised, if rather quickly, the vet wants some abdominal x-rays.

Very sorry that Rodie is not feeling well.

Find An Emergency VeterinarXXXXX XXXXXnk
Second Link to find an ER

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding, my goal is to provide you the best answer possible.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She doesn't have dirreahea, it's formed and brown but dry. Doesn't appear to have any blood in it . I'm thinking she ate something.

Very possible Rose, but we don't know how severe.

Also!
No diarrhea....yet
In next 24-48 hours she may develop diarrhea. So keep a look out.

Very sorry she is not feeling well.

Hope that additional information helps. Definitely, reply to me if there is any other way I may assist you. I hope my responses have been satisfactory?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My puppy "Rodie" died Sunday evening.
I am very sorry to hear about your loss of Rodie.
You and your family have my deepest sympathy and support.

Just in case, here are some references that may be helpful:

Petloss support resources:
Pet Loss Hotlines

Rainbowbridge Grief Support