Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Three of our pugs got into a box of Emergen-C powder

packets, and i don't know...
three of our pugs got into a box of Emergen-C powder packets, and i don't know if it is toxic for them
10/12/2012
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
Not to worry. The powder contains mostly water soluble vitamins C and B and a few minerals (zinc, magnesium). Excess water soluble vitamins are urinated away. The minerals - depending upon how much was ingested - might act as a cathartic or cause minor gastrointestinal upset.

I don't feel that inducing emesis is indicated but you might have a little talk with those Pugs...

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I'll check back with you tomorrow for an update.
How are your Pugs today, please?