Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Is canine glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM supplement the same as

Is canine glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM supplement the same as human?
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

For the most part yes. There are two brands that process the supplements ingredients differently (cosequin and dasaquin) that seems to work slightly better in dogs than other generic supplements or human supplements. I have had good luck with using generic human supplements and generic dog supplements however. Many of my clients use and are happy with glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM supplements from the human over the counter shelf.

It does take 30 days to take full effect however so don't give up on it too quickly.

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what dosage for 75-80 pounds?
I recommend a standard human dose for that size dog twice daily. Each bottle will have different recommendations.

Dr. Dan