Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

my boxers has a red bump on his face under his nose. looks…

Customer Question
my boxers has a red...
my boxers has a red bump on his face under his nose. looks like a big pimple its not a hard bump. is there anything i can put on it to make it go away?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/19/2012
Dog Veterinarian: CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist replied 6 years ago
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist

CriticalCareVet :

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

CriticalCareVet :

1) When did you notice this?

CriticalCareVet :

2) Is it growing in size?

CriticalCareVet :

3) Changing shape?

CriticalCareVet :

4) Has it been tested in any way?

JACUSTOMER-qgam93ld- :

1) last week

JACUSTOMER-qgam93ld- :

2 not anymore but did

JACUSTOMER-qgam93ld- :

3)no

JACUSTOMER-qgam93ld- :

4) just keeping it clean

CriticalCareVet :

The concern here - without a diagnosis, it is not possible to give a specific treatment plan.

Understandably...

If it is an infection, antibiotics will be needed.

If it is a benign growth - in all likelihood no, something topical will not shrink it.

If it is a mast cell tumor, common in this breed, it should be surgically removed.

CriticalCareVet :

For this reason, well worth having your veterinarian examine and test the lesion.

CriticalCareVet :

If it is a mast cell tumor, best to be proactive and have this removed now, before it can either change in size and get larger (more difficult to then remove) or spread.

JACUSTOMER-qgam93ld- :

ok, i will take him in and have it looked at

CriticalCareVet :

Yes - I think that would be best!

CriticalCareVet :

If you have any follow-up questions - please do not hesitate to ask!

Otherwise - please remember to click ACCEPT

Find me any time if needed: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-criticalcarevet

You can always request me through my profile, bookmark my page for future help, or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet”

CriticalCareVet :

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" button if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

This is necessary so that I can get credit for assisting you and compensated for my time.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Also remember, sometimes the medical information and recommendation may not be what you want to hear, but it is being made in the best interest of your pet - please be courteous in your response, even if this is not exactly what you wanted to hear - we are only making the best and safest possible recommendations for you and your loved ones.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. This is for informational purposes only. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site. While information may be discussed, this is not intended as an encouragement for you to self treat your pet, rather information online, and any treatment provided should only be performed after consulting your veterinarian.