Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

dog: s left ear is really red The sores..her tummy..allergies

My dog's left ear is really red The sores on her tummy don't look like the ones she gets from her allergies. I don't have the money to take her to a vet right now. Can you help me?

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This may be due to allergies or a ear infection. The best thing to do is to first , give Gidget Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Then purchase a product called SWimmer's Ear at the pharmacy OTC and apply a few drops of this into this ear every 8 hrs. Massage this down her ear and then take a knleenex and remove the excess. If she has an infection, this will resolve this if it is minor and the Benadryl will resolve any allergic issue.

If this does not help, then have your vet examine her to determine if we have missed something.

Good Luck!

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX