Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

after mating my bitch a week ago, she now has a milky yellow

after mating my bitch a week ago, she now has a milky yellow discharge from her vulva, she is eating & drinking ok & her temp is normal. can you tell me athing about it ?

Hello and thank you for asking your question on just answer. My name isXXXXX will try to help.

Does the drainage have an odor?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no odor

That is not a normal finding after breeding or anytime.

The yellow indicates a possible infection.

She could have a vaginal infection, a uterine infection, or a urinary tract infection.

She needs to get started on antibiotics right away. I would take her to the vet today. The worst case scenario is she has a severely infected uterus which needs to be surgical removed. This mean she would have to be spayed to remove the infected uterus. Since she is trying to be a mommy, you do not want this to happen. The sooner you get her on antibiotics the better.