Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

How can I tell if my dog has a broken bone or a bruise/sprain

Customer Question
? I looked at...
How can I tell if my dog has a broken bone or a bruise/sprain ? I looked at the symptoms of a broken bone, but the sore spot is closer to a muscle (it's behind the left shoulder blade).
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/1/2011
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. George White, Veterinarian replied 6 years ago
Dr. George White
Dr. George White, Veterinarian
Hello, I'm Dr. White and I will do my best to answer your questions. If she supports weight on the leg most likely there is not a fracture, or at least a major fracture. Attempting to diagnose a lameness from this website is beyond what we are capable of. If she is in enough pain to not put weight on it when walking and trying to bite you when you touch it I strongly recommend you have your family veterinarian evaluate this problem.
Dr. George White
Dr. George White
Dr. George White, Veterinarian