My puppy ate a peepee pad any symptons i should be lookng for Is it dangerouse?

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: my puppy ate a peepee pad any symptons i should be lookng for
Is it dangerouse?
Answered by Dr. Dan in 1 min 11 years ago
imglogo
Dr. Dan
13+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

How much of the pee pad did your puppy eat? The entire thing? Just shredded it?

Dr. Dan
Customer
she ate enough that its in her poop I took her to my vet shes a shitzu /poodle mix 8.5 pds she had vomitng and diarr and would lose her bal wouldnt eat or drink. Now shes eating can food wont eat her science dry dog food. she responding eating pooping pee and over all good except she shakes a little like tremors could it be from the pads?
Thanks for the information. It is very possible that it's from the pads but I don't think she's blocked up. If she was she'd not be eating nor would she be pooping either and she'd still be vomiting a lot! It is very likely that she is still cramping and mildly painful from some of the pads coming through her system. I think the tremors are from lingering abdominal discomfort and will likely pass as time goes on. If she reverts to not eating again or starts vomiting then you need to call the vet for further treatment.

I hope this helps, best wishes.
Dr. Dan
Customer

Thank you

by chance can we give her something to minimize her discomfort.

There isn't much that is safe or effective over the counter for these little guys sorry!

Dr. Dan
Read less
unlike
5 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Dan
logo
logo
logo
13+ years of experience
imglogo
Dr. Dan
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.