Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Are raw olives, uncurred, the drop from a tree toxic to dogs.

No pit was ingested...
Are raw olives, uncurred, the drop from a tree toxic to dogs. No pit was ingested
1/2/2011
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Hello!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Raw olives are not themselves toxic to dogs. However anything including vegetables that are eaten in large numbers can cause an upset tummy. If your pooch is sensitive to olives or ate a lot of them then I would not worry about what you are seeing. If she is still alert, happy, eating and drinking then the diarrhea/vomiting should pass within a couple of days.

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian