CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

puppies twitching and jerking foaming at the mouth no appetite

puppies twitching and jerking foaming at the mouth no appetite and lethargic. Took to vet were told just deydrated
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Are they eating well?

Did you apply any flea medication?

-
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

They wont nurse o flea medication

If they are not nursing, the signs are likely from a low blood sugar - hypoglycemia.

- You can try to offer small amounts of diluted pedialyte for hydration and electrolytes. You can even purchase a dropper from your local pharmacy to offer the water/pedialyte mixture by mouth.

- A calorie dense nutritional supplement such as nutrical:

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Nutri+Cal-prod1340.html

- Another option would be baby food. If you are going to try this, please purchase baby food that does not have any ingredients such as garlic or onion.

Many baby foods now will only have the ingredients of the item and water...for example chicken and water. But they will not have any other salts or seasonings. This is what you need. Just chicken and water or beef and water

for example.

You may also need to get a milk replacer from the pet store to feed them if they are not nursing.

_____________________________________________________________________

Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.
The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We bought some lactaded ringers injection usp is this the same

No - this is not the same.

You need something like this to feed them LINK

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

will this cure them?

will there be any permanent damage?

we have 5 puppies and 3 are sick

Yes - this should resolve the signs and there should not be further damage - but it is important to get them to eat!

I hope this helps! Thank you and please click accept.