CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

my chihuahua has been vomiting white foam for 2 days... just

my chihuahua has been vomiting white foam for 2 days... just in the morning... poop okay, not eating. staying under the couch .... can i give him anything for this????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and specialist and would be glad to help!

With the degree of vomiting you report over the past few days, I am concerned.

There are many causes for vomiting in a dog - infectious causes, an upset stomach (gastroenteritis) metabolic causes (kidney, liver, etc.),

BUT - there can also be causes of vomiting such as pancreatitis and even a bowel blockage which is life threatening.

What can we try now?

Y
ou can try to offer small amounts of water or diluted pedialyte for hydration and electrolytes. You can even purchase a dropper from your local pharmacy to offer the water/pedialyte mixture by mouth.

But I do think that seeing a veterinarian and testing such as belly x-rays is a very good idea here to make sure there is not a more serious cause such as a blockage.

I hope this information is helpful!
_____________________________________________
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.