Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My english bulldog was diagnosed with lymphoma sarcoma, he

Customer Question
Hi, My english bulldog was...
Hi, My english bulldog was diagnosed with lymphoma sarcoma b, he had 3 round of chemo and after 10 days he had a very high fever and labored breathing, we rushed him to the er and his fever went down the next day. His stomache was extended they thought he developed pnemonia and gastrointitus. We went to pick him up the following day to bring him home but he collasped in the hallway and cpr was administered but he could not be revived... Did the cancer move to his lungs? Or did it move to his stomache? Or his heart? I would like to have it explained to me in english... Not big words..
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/21/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 7 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
I'm very sorry to hear about this situation with Sarge. Can you tell me what drugs were used with the 3 rounds of chemotherapy? This plays a part of what happened most likely. Over what time frame were these 3 rounds of chemo given.
doxyrubin
Did he get 3 rounds of doxyrubricin 3 to 4 weeks apart? Did he have CBC's taken to monitor his bone marrow response?
When he went to the ER clinic, you said his stomach was distended. Did they take x-rays and see that it was filled up with air? Did they at all talk about him being a possible GDV (having his stomach twist on itself)?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian