Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

blood in urine

Customer Question
blood in urine
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/29/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Scott, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Hello there,

Blood in the urine in a dog this age can be caused by several things. Urinary tract infection, bladder stones, cancer, cystitis, immune mediated anemia and kidney disease are all possible.
That is very helpful - thank you. I failed to mention that she also has an extended nipple. Very engorged but doesn't appear painful to touch. Started small and has steady grown larger. Feel taking her to vet would be too stressful. Trying to keep her comfortable. Do you think the growth possibly indicates cancer?
Is she spayed?
yes
Spayed females rarely get malignant cancer of the breasts. They can get benign cancers that do not spread, but can get very large.
Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Thank you - you've been great!!
You are very welcome. Good Luck!