Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My female Maltese pup was spayed 3 weeks ago. I have been monitoring…

My female Maltese pup was...
My female Maltese pup was spayed 3 weeks ago. I have been monitoring her incision site and the suture site has what appears to be a small cyst beside stitch that swells slightly and has a little fluid. Stitch has not dissolved yet We are now on vacation and 1500 miles from our vet.. Should we go to a vet here?
6/28/2010
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
Do not worry about it for now. As long as there is no smell then you will be fine. Suture reactions can be pretty common and are usually not a big problem. Keep the area clean and take her to your vet when you get home if the swelling persists.
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
Thanks!
you are welcome!