Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Help. My Yorkie female puppy will be 4 weeks old Monday.

Customer Question
Help. My Yorkie female...
Help. My Yorkie female puppy will be 4 weeks old Monday. AT 11pm last night she was fine. I went to work came home at 6am and she is very weeks and seems to have a type of foam at the mouth. Her eyes do not look right either. I ahve given her water through a syringe and she took it. Oue vet is not open yet. Can you please help and do you have any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/26/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Dog Veterinarian

That foam may be vomit. Often the most debilitating condition for puppies is dehydration. Keep her hydrated. Continue to offer small amounts of water with the syringe. As long as she keeps drinking, then you will be counteracting dehydration. This is the most important thing you can do until you can get her in to see the vet.

Also, make sure that she is warm and dry as well.

Good luck and I hope this helps.