Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

my dog hind legs are weak, and he can not walk right, he is…

Customer Question
my dog hind legs are...
my dog hind legs are weak, and he can not walk right, he is also breading hard like panting and is very hot between the legs and ears.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/26/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jenn, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there

You need to get your baby to a vet -Hopefully there is an emergency clinic in your area! We could be dealing with disk disease-which if not treated could lead to paralysis. We also have to worry about a toxicity. The sooner he is seen the better! Dr. Jenn

which of the symptom is the one that you believe this is urgent? There is a clinic but it cost a lot of money and I have an appt for tomorrow morning, but if ne is in great danger I can take him now.

The weak hind limbs and trouble walking is quite a cause for concern!

I want to know if you feel it is an emergency or if it can wait till tomorrow....

If it were my dog. I would bring him tonight. This behavior is not normal and if not treated could progress, which would complicate the treatment!
Relist: I think the Dr is more interested in recommending the emergency clinic than telling me about what the symptoms indicate.....
I think the Dr is more interested in recommending the emergency clinic than telling me about what the symptoms indicate....