Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My very active dog has developed blister like wounds on the…

Customer Question
My very active dog has...
My very active dog has developed blister like wounds on the side of the pads of his paws where the large pad meets one of the smaller pads. Is neosporin or vaseline and rest the best treatment?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/23/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Eli, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr Eli
Dr Eli, Veterinarian
Good morning, Sorry boothe is having this problem. You can use neosporin on these wounds, but I also recommend getting a product from the pet store to toughen the pads. There is one product called tuff-pad. Also there are boots you can get for him to wear until his pads toughen. If the feet are not looking better in 48 hours, I recommend taking him to your vet for an exam, because sometimes these feet can get infected and more antibiotics will be needed. I hope this information helps, Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, the wounds are on the side of the pads, not the top, so would the 'tuff-pad' still be the recommendation? Thanks
Yes it would still help