Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

i noticed a lump near one of my dogs nipples..touched it and

Customer Question
like a whitish liquid came...
i noticed a lump near one of my dogs nipples..touched it and like a whitish liquid came out. took her to the vet a we schedule her to be spaded and have the lump tested..now tonight i noticed that she is swollen near another nipple and the white liquid is coming alot out of there...her last heat was in march! and ahe was in contact with a male dog around the end of may..can she be pregnant? should i see before they spade her on thurs or what?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/23/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 7 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Does the whitish liquid come out of her nipples? Do you feel that her belly seems fuller?
yes the liqiud is coming out of her nipples...and no her belly is still skinny..only seems swollen on some of her nipples
Ok. The discharge could be milk. The fact that her mammary glands are getting fuller and discharging some milk out of the nipples could be an indication of pregnancy or a false pregnancy. If she's not filling out, then a pregnancy wouldn't be the most likely. False pregnancy is where the body acts like it is pregnant - sometimes filling out, milk production, etc., but they aren't really pregnant. Here is a good link on this.
http://www.VeterinaryPartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1896

At this point, your vet will closely exam her prior to the surgery and tell you what they think.
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian