Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

labradoodle: my 4 year..inch piece of bone coming out of his tail..raw…

Customer Question
my 4 year old labradoddle...
my 4 year old labradoddle has developed what looks like a one third of a inch piece of bone coming out of his tail about half was down. The hard piece has broken off and he is left with a red raw swollen half inch bump. It looks like a boil. what is it and what should I do about it??
thanks, Steve
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/14/2010
Dog Veterinarian: DrLucy, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
DrLucy
DrLucy, Dog Veterinarian
It is almost impossible to tell without a visual image of what you are trying to describe. Is there any way you could post a close-up photo?
what email can i send the pictures to
You should be able to upload them directly from your computer, by clicking on the tree-icon on the tool bar. A jpeg format is probably best. However, if that does not work, I think you can e-mail them [email protected] and they can post them for you.
here it is/Users/stevenrattner/Downloads/rugby tail 1.jpg
It did not come up--just showed the location on your computer. The upload process is in 2 parts. First, click on the tree icon; then click on "Browse," which will bring up a second box, with an orange stripe at the top. Click on "Browse" again, which will THEN bring up the folders on your computer. Once you find the correct file and click on it. Then click "OK." That takes you back to the first box, and you can click "Insert," which will put the picture into your post.
Please let me know if you have any problems with the picture uploading. I have to go out for about 2 hours, but will check back to see how you did.