How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Christie Your Own Question
Dr. Christie
Dr. Christie, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 1537
Experience:  Over 7 years of practice
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Christie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of antibiotics can I give to my dog beside this

Customer Question

What kind of antibiotics can I give to my dog beside this one vetoquinol
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christie replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, this is Dr. Christie.


Vetoquinol is a company that carries medications that are used in dogs that have kidney disease/failure. One of the most common products is Azodyl.


Is Rocky on this medication?


Why are you looking to put Rocky on an antibiotic?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
because he is using one now for his cherry eye which is neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and bactricin opthalmic this aN ANTIBIOTIC FOR CHERRY RED EYE.Is there any other medication better than this.we are worry for his cherry eye and if there any options rather than surgery please help us for this.
Expert:  Dr. Christie replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the information.


Unfortunately there is no other medication to resolve a cherry eye. A cherry eye is where a physical portion of the eye (this is a gland) luxates out of place. Because of this, to resolve it, the gland actually has to be physically put back in place. The good news is, that once it is replaced, dogs tend to do wonderful!


Here is a free article concerning cherry eye in dogs:


Dr. Christie


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we used this medication for 15 days after ten days it was gone for a day then it came back.Now 3 days after we dont have any we still need more of this medication and massage and keep on trying or surgery is the last remedy?
Expert:  Dr. Christie replied 7 years ago.

You can certainly get some more of the medication and continue to try, but likely you will need surgery to replace the prolapsed gland. Even with getting it back in place, eventually it will prolapse again at some point and continue to do so until it is sutured back in place.


Dr. Christie