Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Greyhound: her she yelped lifted you paw and was limping..swelling…

Customer Question
A person in our home...
A person in our home stepped back and stepped on the leg of my 9/12 yr old Greyhound. Previous to that our bigger Grey came bounding out and ran into her she yelped lifted you paw and was limping. A day after the second injury I noticed swelling in the wrist area. Called the vet took her in next day they xrayd saw a concerning spot could be from injury or he said may be start of osteasarcoma. He couldnt say at this time. He prescribe rimydl told me to take our planned vacaction and bring her back in 2 weeks if it didn't get better. He did say that they could do a biopsy but at this time it may not give us an answer. Does it sould ok to wait the two weeks. It has been 3 days and it is still swelled, I am giving her rimydl she eats well looks good and doesnt limp.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/11/2010
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Gail. I would say that waiting 2 weeks and repeating the films would be a very good situation. The last thing we want to do is to biopsy the area here at this time when there is a very good possibility that the pain medication, time, and rest will allow it to heal. I would definitely make sure you let her rest and not be too active.